This is one of my favorite questions to ask people, “What is your relationship with money?”  Some love money, others hate it, and then there are some who are scared of it. There is such a variety to the answers I receive.  I find it so interesting. What is it about money that fuels people to have so many different feelings about it?

There are different answers, because there are different perspectives.  Those who receive a good salary love it, and then those who have economic struggle are scared of it.  Again another question came to me: Why are there people, economically speaking, so successful and others not?  Why is there such a large gap? 5% of the world’s population has the monetary equivalent to the other 95% of the population.  How? The first answer to come to my mind is because opportunities are not the same for everyone. I agree, but if that is 100% true, then that means if someone is born poor they always will be poor… and I disagree with that.  There are countless examples of people who were born in a lower economic situation who have made themselves millionaires.

Howard Schultz is the CEO of STARBUCKS and has been for more than two decades.  In order to get his college degree (the first of his family), he had to take out government loans and use his own money from part-time jobs.  He had no money at all, but worked for it, beat the odds, and now owns one of the most well known coffee chains around the world. There are thousands of examples like him.  So again, what are the differences? I say it comes from the decisions made, the strategies used, and the knowledge gained. These three concepts are used in your everyday life. Imagine financial freedom as if it were a mountain bike circuit, some of the roads will be easy, others more difficult.  Some of these roads, if not equipped with the correct bike, will be very hard to complete. If you have zero knowledge about the circuit prior to beginning, you will never be able to win the race.

The decisions made, strategies used, and knowledge gained are all connected.  You can make any decision, like opening a business, but if you do not have the strategies and knowledge to develop that business it is going to be exceptionally difficult.  Never say impossible.  If you have these three things, you will make less mistakes, you will have more experience, and know how to solve problems more quickly and effectively.

Think about this: Why do some people win money when the market goes down? Why do some people lose no money at all when there are economic problems?  This is because they have the information to protect their money, their investments, and they understand the regulations put in place. Think of it like this.  If you are riding your bike and come to an intersection of two roads. Your friend tells you that in the next mile there will be thorns in the road that will damage your bike tires. You have two options, avoid that road and take a different route, or use the knowledge gained to take precautions, like bringing spare parts to fix your tires.  At least now you have the knowledge to make the best, well informed decision for you. This is the same in the financial world.  There are specific decisions, strategies, and knowledge that will provide you with the best tools to make the best moves for you.

I personally learn something new every single day about financial strategies, performance, and mindset. It is a goal of mine to incorporate this into my daily routine.  I make a point to invest in the most important things in my life. I want to be knowledgeable about finances so I can provide and protect for myself and my family. For example, do you know about the financial cornerstones? 

  1. Protection 
  2. Economic Growth 
  3. Safety 
  4. Tax Advantage 

Things like this, and more examples about investing, mindset, and performance are what you will find on this blog.  If you have any questions, please, ASK! Oftentimes people think that by asking somehow means they are committed. What is the best way to learn something new?  Ask a question. 

How will you decide your financial destiny? 

2 Responses

  1. My spouse and I stumbled over here different website and thought I might
    check things out. I like what I see so now i’m following you.
    Look forward to looking over your web page yet again.

  2. I don’t even know how I ended up here, but
    I thought this post was good. I don’t know who you are but definitely you
    are going to a famous blogger if you aren’t already 😉 Cheers!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *